1) Memorial Day is a hard one. It really means something significant and is sad on so many levels.
- It is sad that we ignore it as we go to the beach.
- It is sad that it is “religious” and the dead are made sacred sacrifices to American “freedom.”
- It is sad that Christians have no more voice in a heavily Christian country. Or that they have used their influence to justify the war machine instead of advocating “love your neighbor as yourself,” much less, “love your enemy.” I wrote a poem.
2) What a wonderful night observing Pentecost last night! It makes me want to talk about it! I think thoughts from last year are still worth considering.
3) My poem about Pentecost and the beach.