- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- The three doorways of contemplative prayer
- We need spiritual resources
- The Book of Mormon and Disney are suspiciously similar.
- The Tantric Propaganda in Green Lantern and Elsewhere
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- Don't let the loneliness organize you.
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- Why I Love (but might not altogether like) Narcotics Anonymous
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
- Barack Obama Shocks Nation by Being a President Who Speaks Thoughtfully in Complete Sentences | GQ gq.com/story/presiden… 15 hours ago
- Transcript of AP interview with Trump. Kinda scary. apnews.com/c810d7de280a47… 15 hours ago
- We are all longing for someone to listen to us.... fb.me/61Ijnf2s4 15 hours ago
Author Archives: Rod White
After a few years as an independent site, I consolidated with the rest of our offerings on circleofhope.net. As a follower, you were automatically transferred when the deed was done. See you there! http://www.circleofhope.net/rodwhite/ — Rod
A month ago we had a “Doing Theology” time on JUSTICE. We had to think things over after being moved all year by the heartache and turmoil caused by police brutality and the protests about systemic injustice that is poured … Continue reading
My last seminar at the Mennonite World Conference was one my friend told me I needed to attend, since it was by Wes Furlong, pastor of an unusually large Mennonite Church in Florida. I was eager to see how the … Continue reading
I appreciated hearing from the inventive pastor of a downtown Amsterdam church today named Henk Leegte. He was helping us Mennonite World Conference attenders figure out how to be the church in a postmodern and postChristian context, like the Netherlands … Continue reading
As I acclimated to the sprawling Pennsylvania Farm Show complex in Harrisburg I ran into a parade of good memories of worldwide travel with the Mennonite Central Committee. I met Ron and Judy Zook with whom we traveled to Palestine. … Continue reading
I have been watching MTV for 34 years. (My devotion will not help the network’s pursuit of the 12-34-year-olds it targets). I watch it: Because I am regularly entertained — like by my latest TV-binge Awkward, I want to know … Continue reading
When Jesus passes you the cup at the Love Feast it is an act of tenderness. Maybe you can’t look into his eyes and see it. But when you drink you might be able to feel it. When you are … Continue reading
Why did I miss diving into the Divergent series until now? It is totally my kind of thing: anxious twentysomethings/teens forced by the government and their colluding parents to choose an identity that doesn’t fit them. Watching Kate Winslet (symbolizing … Continue reading