- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- The three doorways of contemplative prayer
- We need spiritual resources
- The Book of Mormon and Disney are suspiciously similar.
- The Tantric Propaganda in Green Lantern and Elsewhere
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- Don't let the loneliness organize you.
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- Why I Love (but might not altogether like) Narcotics Anonymous
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
- Barack Obama Shocks Nation by Being a President Who Speaks Thoughtfully in Complete Sentences | GQ gq.com/story/presiden… 15 hours ago
- Transcript of AP interview with Trump. Kinda scary. apnews.com/c810d7de280a47… 15 hours ago
- We are all longing for someone to listen to us.... fb.me/61Ijnf2s4 15 hours ago
Category Archives: 2 Life as the Church
As I acclimated to the sprawling Pennsylvania Farm Show complex in Harrisburg I ran into a parade of good memories of worldwide travel with the Mennonite Central Committee. I met Ron and Judy Zook with whom we traveled to Palestine. … Continue reading
When Jesus passes you the cup at the Love Feast it is an act of tenderness. Maybe you can’t look into his eyes and see it. But when you drink you might be able to feel it. When you are … Continue reading
Some people saw “parenting” in the title of my post and never got further than the title. They are not a parent at all, or not a parent of young children, so they are skipping this post because it is … Continue reading
More and more people are just plain tired out from being a Christian. They feel a change in their world. They are uncomfortable about adapting. I think they are feeling a nostalgia for a time that may have never existed: “Christendom” … Continue reading
This piece is for everyone who wants to work out a covenant. The covenant relationships most common to us are the ones we keep in our marriages and the one we have with each other as the people of God … Continue reading
Thursdays, so far, have been TOP TEN of 2014 days. This is the #2 most read post of 2014. Last May I basically reported the convictions and inspiration that led to our second act. Every once in a while we need to ask the … Continue reading
There is far too little tribal dancing in the church. That is my critique for the day, so if your train stop is coming up, don’t worry, we’re good. It think we may have finally “got it” the other night … Continue reading
For the next few weeks, Thursday is TOP TEN of 2014 day. This is the #6 most read post of 2014. Last February I took a look at five things that threaten to hobble a radical movement in Christ — … Continue reading