- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- The three doorways of contemplative prayer
- We need spiritual resources
- The Book of Mormon and Disney are suspiciously similar.
- The Tantric Propaganda in Green Lantern and Elsewhere
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- Don't let the loneliness organize you.
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- Why I Love (but might not altogether like) Narcotics Anonymous
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
- Barack Obama Shocks Nation by Being a President Who Speaks Thoughtfully in Complete Sentences | GQ gq.com/story/presiden… 15 hours ago
- Transcript of AP interview with Trump. Kinda scary. apnews.com/c810d7de280a47… 15 hours ago
- We are all longing for someone to listen to us.... fb.me/61Ijnf2s4 15 hours ago
Category Archives: 3 The Mission
My sense of church planting begins with introducing myself and the Lord who is with me. Like God became incarnate in Jesus, I am a human filled with the Spirit. Church planting is personal — just like Jesus walking around … Continue reading
Somehow we wandered into the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service — I am surprised the ticket taker did not stop the oldsters on the way in, “Are you sure you mean to see this one, old man? You look like … Continue reading
Gulf War — began on August 2, 1990 and ended on February 28, 1991. “The U.S. Department of Defense has estimated the cost of the Gulf War at $61 billion. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States covered $36 billion.” (CNN) Iraq War — … Continue reading
Last night I watched the whole State of the Union address for the first time since I can’t remember. Good speech – even usually-disapproving pundits had to admit that. After forty-five minutes most of us were getting a little tired, … Continue reading
Life in the Spirit is like cleaning. Clean the inside of the cup, not just the outside you think people can see — stuff a cloth way down in that spiritual “cup” and scrub out that dried crud on the bottom. Don’t do … Continue reading
I have been slowly plowing through a very well-written book: The Barbarous Years: The Peopling of British North America–The Conflict of Civilizations, 1600-1675 by Bernard Bailyn. Maybe I am one of the last people in the U.S. who think “history” … Continue reading
I can only hope that the pundits were right and the “Black Friday” holiday was toned down a bit this year. I am praying that fad dies. God has answered my prayer so many times, I no longer suspect He won’t. Maybe … Continue reading
It was quite a night last night at the BW PMs! I am still in wonder about all the stories I heard and experiences I had. We are alive in the Spirit. We are making a difference. People are seeking … Continue reading
I discovered the other night at the Love Feast that I might lose a couple of friends if I betrayed who won Project Runway last Thursday. Life is now DVR’d so there is no shared sense of real time — … Continue reading