- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- The three doorways of contemplative prayer
- We need spiritual resources
- Bearing the Beams of Love in 2011
- Do we need simplicity skills?
- Spiritual Midwives
- America Bashing in the Movies for the Fourth
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
- Wouldn't it be nice if someone listened to you?... fb.me/1o7SVBfbc 6 hours ago
- Facebook reminded me that a year ago Gwen and I were in Africa! Joshua Grace Bethany Hornak Devin Manzullo-Thomas... fb.me/2KGBvB3dX 20 hours ago
- Cesar Chavez Day! circleofhope.net/transhistorica… fb.me/5wmmkm6ob 1 day ago
Category Archives: Randomly me
Both of Gwen’s parents died in 2012. The loss changed our lives in significant ways. One of the greatest changes was financial. After surviving since we were eighteen by our own ingenuity and living most of our marriage in something … Continue reading
My tributes to St. Valentine. 1) A poem about his obscure but courageous-sounding history [link] 2) Making a connection with poor Whitmey Houston [link]
Members of our family have given gifts of Christmas stories over the years. I thought you might enjoy mine from last year. Merry Christmas! Grandpa was getting old, so if you wanted to avoid taking a nap and you wanted … Continue reading
Sometimes, being squished on a United Airlines plane — heading for a conference that promises to be discouraging, in a land broiling under a smoggy sun — can be inspirational! Take heart! Suddenly, the screens tilted down and Ewan McGregor … Continue reading
1) Memorial Day is a hard one. It really means something significant and is sad on so many levels. It is sad that we ignore it as we go to the beach. It is sad that it is “religious” and … Continue reading
And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?” “I’m running away from my mistress Sarai,” she answered. Then the angel of the LORD told her, “Go back to your … Continue reading
I bought a best-selling children’s book the other day called Bubble Trouble. It has an intricate rhyme that entertains me. Upon first-reading, it proved to be a bit over Josiah’s head. He had trouble figuring out the plot. The first … Continue reading