- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- It is OK NOT to be WEIRD -- the Bible's many "rights"
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- Henry Tanner Lets Jesus into PAFA
- Bearing the Beams of Love in 2011
- Six Things I Did in My 20’s that Made All the Difference
- Intent: Jesus Is Not Tupperware and You Don't Sell Him.
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- The Book of Mormon and Disney are suspiciously similar.
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
February 14 - Valent… on The Goodness and Danger of Whi… The Arc of our Lives… on Would God send Gandhi to hell?… ocelot on Is God Going to Punish Me… Rod White on More Thoughts on Identity Marta Rose on More Thoughts on Identity
- Signs of resurrection are everywhere. fb.me/1dHCZfTJB 14 hours ago
- fb.me/1MJ9fWt4K 1 day ago
- Pray and not faint. circleofhope.net/rodwhite/billi… fb.me/8OEYEJU3F 2 days ago
Category Archives: Theological Help
A month ago we had a “Doing Theology” time on JUSTICE. We had to think things over after being moved all year by the heartache and turmoil caused by police brutality and the protests about systemic injustice that is poured … Continue reading
I have been watching MTV for 34 years. (My devotion will not help the network’s pursuit of the 12-34-year-olds it targets). I watch it: Because I am regularly entertained — like by my latest TV-binge Awkward, I want to know … Continue reading
The wisdom or rightness of whatever we are doing depends primarily upon our motivation or purpose for doing it. “Why?” and “what for?” make a difference. Jesus followers know why they are alive and what to live for. The Apostle Paul … Continue reading
When we are doing theology we are mentalizing with God and his people. We are not working on the social construction of reality; we are listening for the reality behind what we think we know — the voice of God. … Continue reading
It is interesting to be alive as the United States goes “post-Christian.” I still remember sitting around the living room just after graduating from college predicting this day and looking forward to it, so we could get back to telling … Continue reading
Thursdays, so far, have been TOP TEN of 2014 days. This is the #1 most read post of 2014. Last March I tried to collect some basic thinking that could help us focus where we needed to focus when it came to … Continue reading
We took our five-year-old granddaughter to Disneyworld. We enjoyed it. Our Princess Tiana room had headboards that sparkled when we pushed a button. When our plane got snowed out, the resort took us back at the Priceline rate, no extra … Continue reading
At the beginning of the year I am reposting “top ten” entries. On Friday, I’m reminding people about some posts before 2014 that people have kept reading — there is a “top ten” of them! Here is #3. In June … Continue reading
Thursdays, so far, have been TOP TEN of 2014 days. This is the #3 most read post of 2014. Last February I encouraged people to be excellent exiles. I really have no idea what is going to happen — most of the … Continue reading