- Is God Going to Punish Me?
- 5 reasons some people are tired of being a Christian
- The three doorways of contemplative prayer
- We need spiritual resources
- The Book of Mormon and Disney are suspiciously similar.
- The Tantric Propaganda in Green Lantern and Elsewhere
- If I tell you not to watch Kingsman will it make you want to see it?
- Don't let the loneliness organize you.
- Damn the spiritual torpor!
- Why I Love (but might not altogether like) Narcotics Anonymous
- The ABCs of the E Word (2011)
- Gourmet Christians and the Leaders Who Love Them (2010)
- A safe place to explore and express God's love (2008)
- Why Circle of Hope Needs Miracles (2005)
- Being a Network of Congregations and Why That Got Going (2005)
- I’m not sure we are postmodern (2004)
- The Value of Intentional Communities in the Church/Practical Things to Think About Before You Move In (2004)
- Church Planting Failures (2003)
- Colombia and Capacity (2001)
- Go Ahead and Marry (2000)
- Dialogue, Rights and Why It Is Hard to Build a Safe Place (1999)
- Barack Obama Shocks Nation by Being a President Who Speaks Thoughtfully in Complete Sentences | GQ gq.com/story/presiden… 15 hours ago
- Transcript of AP interview with Trump. Kinda scary. apnews.com/c810d7de280a47… 15 hours ago
- We are all longing for someone to listen to us.... fb.me/61Ijnf2s4 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: Circle of Hope
Why did I miss diving into the Divergent series until now? It is totally my kind of thing: anxious twentysomethings/teens forced by the government and their colluding parents to choose an identity that doesn’t fit them. Watching Kate Winslet (symbolizing … Continue reading
It is true that Terry Gilliam stole the title “imaginarium” from us and applied it to his devilish movie. The five people who knew about that movie before I just told you may have had trouble taking our “rolling Council” … Continue reading
Some people discovered this piece among my pages last week. I thought I would share it again. It first appeared in the Dialogue Quarterly, fall of 2005 Let me say right off: we may use the 21st century word “network” … Continue reading
Every once in a while we need to ask the Lord if we should just close up the enterprise and do something else for which we are better suited! There is nothing worse than a church that doesn’t need the Holy Spirit … Continue reading
So on a scale of one to ten, there are some things about the dress sale that Jesus and I rate VERY high. What dress sale, you ask? It is the buy-a-dress-for-displaced-Syrians dress sale that culminates in the Hallowe’en “gala.” … Continue reading
We’re afraid to be too demanding because people just might shop down the street or decide Jesus is not their brand altogether! For instance, some PM Team leaders were talking about how to ask people to develop their worship discipline. … Continue reading
Becoming a part of Circle of Hope can be very confusing. I suppose that is true of any church or organization – it is also true of us. I have had any number of people come into our room at … Continue reading
I’ve been reading a book about the Byzantine Empire. I’m afraid the people to whom I have been talking about it are ready to have me finish it! I keep learning lessons from it that I keep sharing. For a … Continue reading
My new favorite phrase. I don’t want to use the phrase “existence is resistance” as if I just invented it. I learned it from Palestinians, like those from Stop the Wall, and from the Christian Peacemaker Teams in At-Tuwani, south … Continue reading